Restaurants near Vinopolis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 13 September 2006 1.07pm
I'm planning a night out with some colleagues to the Vinopolis and am looking for a good, reasonably priced restaurant around there. We're not too fussed about type of food, but are looking for something "diferent". I am considering Bankside. Any suggestions?
Wednesday 13 September 2006 1.27pm
Tas Pide is pleasant and well priced. Zakudia has great views (but I've only had lunchtime snacks there - which were nice but pricier).

I'm sure there will be other (and better) suggestions. You've got plenty of choices around there, either going back towards the Market, BHS, or onwards to the river.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 2.14pm
brindisa - great tapas, and not expensive
Wednesday 13 September 2006 4.34pm
Wagamama 's or Nandos would be my choice.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 4.43pm
For this group I would like to try to avoid the main stream restaurants such as Wagamama 's and Nando's . I work in Canary Wharf and we have those around here as well. Zakudia looks nice though and has the view across teh river which is a definite plus.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, and keep them coming. I'll write a review for whichever restaurant we picked.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 5.09pm
Still part of a chain but I like Black and Blue which has recently opened on Stoney Street - you'll spot it as it has a big bull outside! Nice decor and really good burgers. Or there are various places along the river like the Greek Soulvaki place near Zakudia.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 5.16pm
I went to Black and Blue last week, and was impressed with the space.
Not as impressed with my sirloin steak and chips though. Good Bearnaise but the chips tasted like they had been cooked in old oil.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 5.26pm
I might be stating the obvious here, but you are not exactly short of eating options at Vinopolis:

Restaurants and bars at vinopolis
Wednesday 13 September 2006 5.57pm
I would deffo recommend Brindisa - great tapas, fab sherry. Can be a bit expensive if you are hungry though.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Wednesday 13 September 2006 6.04pm
Although, you can't book tables at Tapas Brindisa though, can you ? Not ideal if you are in a largish group.

Zakudia is nice, although I personally prefer Tas Pide - they do fantastic Turkish flatbread pizzas (pide)...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: