Sofa cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 September 2006 2.16pm
Can anyone recommend a company that will come out and clean my (very dirty) sofa (should never have bought cream!). I am in Bermondsey.

Thanks
Monday 18 September 2006 1.19pm
You might call GClean 0845 1284045 who are a Vauxhall based cleaning company. They did a brilliant job on a very grubby cream carpet I had in a tenanted property, and, so far, have proved reasonably priced and reliable for end of tenancy cleaning.

They will have the kit to do a sofa, though don't know what they would charge for a one-off job like this.

Sarah
Monday 18 September 2006 8.36pm
Would be interested to know how much this would cost as I need to do the same thing. Cream sofas eh... why?
Monday 18 September 2006 10.24pm
On my (Habitat) sofa there's a label recommending the following two companies:

Scotchcare Services 0800 581546
Service Master 0800 626303

Haven't used either of them myself, but reckon they must be reputable if Habitat put their numbers on ther furniture.

Mind you, my sofas are 6 years old, so they may not even be trading anymore...
Wednesday 19 September 2007 8.50am
An entire year has gone by since I contemplated cleaning my sofa and today is the day it's happening!

I called Gclean (thanks, Sarah), but they were booked until mid-October. So instead I went for Service Master (thanks, TLMJJ) and they are currently in the process of cleaning it. I'll let you know if they do a good job...
jw
Wednesday 19 September 2007 10.00am
Hi carmenes82 - can I ask how much they charge for cleaning the sofa?

Thanks
Wednesday 19 September 2007 1.09pm
It was 147 including VAT. It's not quite dry yet, but it looks like they've done a really good job.

Chris
Thursday 20 September 2007 8.16am
For those that are interested, I'd just like to say that the sofa looks really good now. Not quite brand new, but very clean looking (and smelling!), which is a relief (I didn't fancy forking out for a new one!).

Note, however, that I was told it would be dry in 4-6 hours and it is still damp this morning, nearly 24 hours after the clean took place. Hopefully I'll be able to sit down this evening.
Wednesday 19 February 2014 8.52am
Reviving this thread!

Does anyone know of any good sofa cleaners locally - I'm preparing for the spring clean...
Sadly, it looks like GClean in Vauxhall has closed down.

Thank you.
Wednesday 19 February 2014 6.44pm
I used a guy called Eddie. Can't remember the company name. His number is 07961352624 and he only charged 80

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: