Curious about The Rake

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 17 September 2006 4.45pm
Has anyone visited The Rake and can offer a recommendation? Also, weren't they planning to begin serving food about now?
Sunday 17 September 2006 8.49pm
Went last Saturday - it is tiny, but there's more space outside. Pleasent staff, great range of ales and other beers. No sign of food when I was there.
Friday 6 October 2006 4.33pm
I just found that www.fancyapint.co.uk gave The Rake a 3-pint rating. Can't wait to check it out for myself soon.
Friday 6 October 2006 9.19pm
great, love it, one for the real beer buff.
can`t wait till they have thomas hardy ale on draught soon, and you have to try the american ale called bonzo dog, or summat like that!

a great se1 addition
Friday 6 October 2006 11.35pm
jo green wrote:
great, love it, one for the real beer buff.
can`t wait till they have thomas hardy ale on draught soon, and you have to try the american ale called bonzo dog, or summat like that!

They had it on tap last month. They are probbaly just rotating through different things.
Friday 27 October 2006 12.07pm
Just to let people know 'Thomas Hardy' will be back on on Sun 29th Oct. We will be opening for at 1200 as part of the Lions Part - October Plenty.
Saturday 28 October 2006 4.09pm
Been a couple of times, it's a really good little place. I'm sure it will become very popular so take a visit now while it's still relatively quiet.
Sunday 29 October 2006 9.37am
Cosy little bar and NON SMOKING! Thankfully! Great range of beers from around the world. Nice little local, but starting to get run over by suits....
Monday 30 October 2006 9.46am
Had a nice few drinks there last night, the Thomas Hardy is certainly something special! Couldn't really drink more than a nip of that though as it is very rich and intense.
Monday 30 October 2006 11.57am
where is it then
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network