Incident in Leroy Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 18 September 2006 10.18am
A young boy was slashed with a broken bottle in the early hours on Sunday morning in Leroy Street. Did anyone hear anything??
Monday 18 September 2006 10.00pm
Obviously not, you lot do make me laugh. You notice people's cutain twitching but not a young boy being glassed in a busy street in Bermondsey. If it was your son, you sure would be appealing for help
Anonymous User
Monday 18 September 2006 10.29pm
Is Leroy Street busy, especially in the small hours?

If anyone had anything to report I'm sure you'd have had a response.
Monday 18 September 2006 11.12pm
What a horrible thing to happen. I hope he wasn't badly hurt. But I wasn't on Leroy Steet in the wee hours on Sunday, or any other time, so can't help. Sorry.
Tuesday 19 September 2006 1.00pm
I'm sorry to hear about the attack but I too wasn't in the area at the time.

Perhaps I'm just reading more about attacks in the area, but on this site recently, there have been reports of a mugging off Grange Rd, two shootings off the Old Kent Rd and now a bottle stabbing in Leroy St. Is this a growth in incidents or a growth in reporting of the incidents?

I noticed recently that a large group of youths like to gather at the benches on the OKR side of Leroy St late in the evening - I think they gather there to drink as much as they can before heading to Virgo's club on the Old Kent Rd.
Tuesday 19 September 2006 1.24pm
Pops wrote:
Obviously not, you lot do make me laugh. You notice people's cutain twitching but not a young boy being glassed in a busy street in Bermondsey. If it was your son, you sure would be appealing for help

To accuse people on this site of not caring about a young boy being glassed, on the basis that nobody replied within 12 hours of your initial post, is rather silly isn't it?

I too was nowhere near Leroy Street, being in bed during the early hours of Sunday morning. It might be useful if you could tell us what time the incidient occurred and whereabouts on the street in question? Better still, wouldn't it be better to ask people who live on Leroy Street rather than a forum whose members live all over the borough?

I still think SE1 is perfectly safe (compared with the rest of London) provided you take some basic precautions - well lit areas only after dark, walk with somebody else if possible, know your way home, walk purposefully and don't dawdle, etc.

Chris
Tuesday 19 September 2006 6.15pm
Plum lives in that vicinity - and she was probably awake at that time, feeding the twins, so maybe she heard/saw something. If she's at book club tonight i'll try and remember to ask her...

Leroy st isn't that long, but is suspect that if it happened at the OKR end, then people at the TBR end wouldn't have heard or seen anything
Wednesday 20 September 2006 2.52pm
It happened outside Steward House, quiet close to 3 blocks of flats.

Also there was a shooting on Mandela Way yesterday if anyone know's anything??
Wednesday 20 September 2006 3.43pm
Pops - how do you know about all these incidents?
Wednesday 20 September 2006 3.51pm
Living in near the OKR, alot happens. When I got off the bus yesterday to go home, there was a black car with bullet holes in. But the police would not give any more info out.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: