Personal alarms?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Fam
Sunday 24 September 2006 12.02am
Hi, my sister and I are moving to Leathermarket Street and I've just been reading about the recent spate of muggings etc in the area. I know the area is generally pretty safe but these stories have made me slightly nervous, particularly as we are both girls and often walk home late. Does anyone here carry a personal alarm? Do you think they're a good idea and can anyone recommend one? Also, any thoughts on what the safest route from London Bridge St to Leathermarket St is?
Sunday 24 September 2006 12.55am
I can't advise on the personal alarm as I don't carry one, but my preferred route from London Bridge to Leathermarket Street after dark would be to walk along Tooley Street and then turn right into Bermondsey Street rather than walk along St Thomas Street or going via Weston Street, etc. But if you are getting home late, I'd get a taxi.
Sunday 24 September 2006 10.18am
If you call Southwark Community Wardens 0207 525 5777 they will be able to assist you.
Sunday 24 September 2006 11.16am
Carry a can of Deep Heat.
Fam
Sunday 24 September 2006 11.24am
Thanks for the advice. Miss Jo Jo - what do you think of having to go under that tunnel on Bermondsey St? It's the only thing that puts me off going down that route and perhaps going down St Thomas St instead...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: