Good pubs in Bermondsey?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 24 September 2006 9.52am
Me and my two friends have been looking for a really good pub that have good music and basically offer a good night out!
We have tried The Blue Anchor in Southwark Park Road (its so bad we nick name it the blue wanker)!
The Forresters, The Lord Nelson , The Queen Victoria, The Elephant & Castle, The Charlie Chaplin, JD Wetherspoons and all basically are a load of crap with crap music, weird people and disgusting lager!

If anybody knows if a good pub that have good music and a friendly atmosphere, I'm open to suggestion!
Sunday 24 September 2006 4.06pm
Depends what type of music you like?? the Prince of Wales in St George's Road have music on a Saturday, usually an irish band. They are really friendly, it's my local.

No Connection etc.
Sunday 24 September 2006 6.27pm
found a nice pub called the clapham road....near archbishop tennyson school...small cul de sac...fabulous old fashioned pub....
Sunday 24 September 2006 7.10pm
Woolpack on bermondsey Street is worth a try
Sunday 24 September 2006 8.03pm
the woolpack is good as is the roebuck....the royal oak gets good reviews especially for its food but can be very smokey (yuk)
Monday 25 September 2006 7.48am
No-one's mentioned The Garrison yet? Surprising...
Monday 25 September 2006 9.22am
?because it's nothing like what the poster is looking for?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 25 September 2006 11.10am
The Bright Stars of Jazz ( play at The River Bar, on the south end of of Tower Bridge, pretty much every Thursday. If you're into trad jazz played by energetic young musicians, it's for you. The bar itself is less impressive - I only go down there when the band is on.
Sunday 1 October 2006 5.14pm
Garrison is a restaurant, so guess not what the poster is looking for. Woolpack is OK but don't use it frequent enuf to comment on what it is like on times of day etc.

Extremely curious what is meant by 'wierd people' encountered, especially for The Victoria on Pages Walk.

In my experience they are a very welcoming crowd, although this a very 'local pub for local people' on a Saturday night. The publican, as I understand it, is desparate to change that reputation.

NI etc.
Monday 2 October 2006 4.00pm
I'd recommend The Mayflower on Rotherhithe Street, nice atmospheric pub, good lunches, but can be a bit touristy. I also like The Angel on Bermondsey Wall, which has great river views.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: