Possible RV1 Day Out?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Monday 25 September 2006 9.24pm
OK, since one person (thank you - Susan Greeves) posted in response to my odd idea. I am happy to organise an RV1 Fans Day Out.

What would this involve?

Well, a crowd of us would meet at a pre-arranged time (probably on a weekend morning, say 11.00am). We would then board the RV1 en masse and travel from one end to the other end of the route handing out slices of cake to the other passengers. We would then repeat the journey (and the cake-generosity) on the route back to the starting point.

Finally anyone still left could go for lunch (eggs and chips?). I reckon the trip there and back would take about an hour and a bit.

If people are interested please post here and I will arrange times and buy cake in the morning etc... If on the other hand this is just a stupid idea, please do not respond. In that case this post will slip quietly down the list of active posts on the forum and I will never mention it again (and possibly even deny that I posted it in the first place). :o)

What d'ya think?

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 25 September 2006 10.15pm
I think it's a fab idea. Count me in.
Monday 25 September 2006 10.32pm
An idea so bonkers it borders on genius.Ah but what cakes to choose? Might I suggest staying clear of the more runny varieties(gangway slipage).Of course the drier type of cake presents the tea/coffee issue.I ask that the kipling fondant fancy be inducted as the Bankside emblem its colour is the closest to Bankside Pink .What about a cake eating competition,every time a blue plaque or landmark is spotted cake must be consumed

guaranteed to make the London tonight slot
Monday 25 September 2006 10.37pm
Count me in, if you do it after 14 October (when I am back from hols !).

I will be contributing...er...battenburg cake.
Tuesday 26 September 2006 12.20am
I'm game... We have been in the city of two months and will be leaving at the end of October, back to South Africa. RV1 is our fav. bus and my children are crazy about it. Please post details, we will be there.
Tuesday 26 September 2006 8.18am
In tribute to my Lancashire origins I will be bringing Eccles Cakes, although they may be a little dry...let me think about that.

Second half of October for me too
Tuesday 26 September 2006 9.56am
Great stuff!!

Well it looks like the Second Half of October is the best time - we could do Saturday 14th October (although that might be just one day too early for you Siduhe), or Saturday 21st October (which might be slightly better).

I am not in any way cookery-able but I can buy some cake to bring along that morning. I could also probably bring along a nice flask of tea to address the critical tea/cake issue that nigel identified. I reckon some of those little cardboard take-away espresso cups will do just fine for handing out tea.

What do people think for dates in October, 14th or 21st?

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Tuesday 26 September 2006 10.15am
This sounds great. If I'm around I'll come, if that's OK.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 26 September 2006 10.19am
But of course!

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Tuesday 26 September 2006 10.20am
Of those two it would need to be the 21st for me.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: