Possible RV1 Day Out?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Tuesday 26 September 2006 1.51pm
Do you think TfL should be notified, so that on the day in question they don't think that it's some kind of protest...
Anonymous User
Tuesday 26 September 2006 2.11pm
You're all so wacky!
Tuesday 26 September 2006 3.02pm
I'm in. Either date fine. Pity it won't be on the old Druid St/Crucifix Lane/Bermondsey St. route, but delighted that others share my view of the RV1's special place in the world of SE1.
Tuesday 26 September 2006 3.17pm
Will we have songs on the bus?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 26 September 2006 4.02pm
We could sing songs, might be quite welcoming (though doubtful with my voice). As to TFL, I would be inclined to not involve them - it should be fairly low key. I will make the tea warm but not hot (to avoid any accidents) and bring some nut-free cake for those with allergies. I think we will be fine. And it will be fun! A couple of friends have said that they are keen to come along, so we might be up to 8 or 9 so far...

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 26 September 2006 4.24pm
The wheels on the bus go round and round....
Monday 2 October 2006 4.18pm
You are all mad. There should be more of this madness.
I LOVE the RV1 bus.
It would make good training for anyone watning to become a Blue Guide for Tourists as I am always telling people on it a little of what they are seeingt.
The thought of a Eurostar full French transferring to it, (or a posse of Americans), for a tootle along the river being met by 20 locals singing "The wheels on the bus go round etc." whilst simultaneously handing out tea and cakes is so funny I might have to go and lie down!
The dates are now in my diary. I will waiat and see 14th (cant do it) or 21st (possible)
Sue-Borough
Monday 2 October 2006 5.06pm
21st would be good as my friend who is President of the Surrey branch of the RV1 fan club could come too. What would the dress code be?
Monday 2 October 2006 6.49pm
Well I would say, wear what you like. Not sure if I am organised enough to get special Day-Out T Shirts printed up :o) Unless everyone wants to dress up... Hmmm, I might wear something smartish (but washable in case I get cake down my front as we drive over a bump).

21st it is then. I will post details as to where and when to meet a few days before the day. Although I am aiming for roughly 11am - as it means we could get plenty of cake distributed to passengers and tourists (and the driver) before heading off for a well deserved local lunch.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 2 October 2006 11.10pm
which bus stop?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network