The Cut Bar and Restaurant......

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 October 2006 12.56am the Young Vic on the The Cut, is open from tomorrow.
They are open for breakfast (and serve Monmouth Coffee!) and close at 11pm.
(I am declaring an interest James- my husband is a manager there!)
I went to a 'test flight' last week to check the theatre out as well as the restaurant and bar and everything looked great.
Tuesday 3 October 2006 5.46pm
I popped in for a cup of tea and a sticky bun today and it all seemed verry nice. completely disorganised of course, but it was their first day - and it all worked out fine. Very nice space. Annd I especially like the round paper furniture. I think they are planning to open eventually past 11pm - which will be good as we have a dearth of good late night places to frequent round here.

Would you like to go with me?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 10 October 2006 9.26am
what a disaster!
we went on sat morning for an attempted breakfast. attempt, because they didn't have tea (no ordinary tea), undercooked the sausages, which we sent back (and they insisted they were cooked) and the time it took the food to arrive ... they then charged us for the tea(which they couldn't produce) and sausages (which were unedible)...
great space, very friendly waitress, but not something i will try again unless they sort themselves out.

btw coffee was good!
Monday 23 October 2006 9.01pm
Dear Schnake,

I am very glad that you thought that the coffee was good on the morning that you came in; it's high quality and fair-trade. I have just been informed about your unfortunate experience. All of the things that you were disappointed with have now been addressed. We have a constant supply of good tea to match our good coffee, the service from the kitchen has become more rapid with completion of the till system and proper training is being provided on the till system in order to be able to remove from bills items that were not provided. To address your problem with the sausages directly I spoke with our Chef and got him to prepare me some to check, the sausages were over 85*C yet retain a pink colour, the sausages appear to have this tint because the pork used is cured and not bulked out by rusk.
We would like to thank you for your honesty and regret that your Saturday morning was not as it should have been. We would like to extend our full hospitality to you and have you come to breakfast again.
We are now open till now 1am so if you fancy a late night drink we will be happy to serve you.

Robert @ the-cut-bar
Saturday 28 October 2006 2.07pm

We tried to come to the Cut Bar & Restaurant in the Young Vic for breakfast this morning. We were there at about 9.15 and, despite the menu saying it was open for breakfast from 8am-11am (fairly standard sounding breakfast hours!), it wasn't open and the doors were all locked. I could see food on a table inside but there was nobody there.

Does it really not open for breakfast until after 9.30 or 10 or something, on a Saturday? Very odd. We weren't even sure if were in the right place -- we were on the Cut just outside the New Vic, and there seemed to be a cafe/restaurant on the ground floor at the front - we could see in. As I said, there was a menu in the window and croissants on a table inside, but the whole building was completely locked up.

We were starving so coudln't be bothered to wait - we went to the Coral Bay cafe on Lower Marsh Rd instead, which was great (and full!).

A bit of clarification on opening hours would be appreciated. Or were we in completely the wrong place?!

Many thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: