Has anyone seen the new play at the Old Vic?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 3 October 2006 11.26am
After being closed for a long period, the Old Vic has reopened a couple of weeks ago with a new play with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? What do you think of it? I am thinking of going tommorrow when they charge their Wednesday special reduced price for residents.
gii
Tuesday 3 October 2006 11.35am
I am also going tomorrow - my expectations after ressurection blues is very low.
It was sooooooo bad. O well 'the only way is up'
Tuesday 3 October 2006 12.21pm
I totally agree. The last one was really disappointing...I find that most plays with American "stars" are usually not that great. But I must say I have not seen Mr Spacey in action so far, so I hope to be in for a real treat.
Tuesday 3 October 2006 12.54pm
Kevin Spacey's reign at the Old Vic has been massively disappointing, I agree. The Young Vic has more original and adventurous material - glad to see it finally re-opening.
ADT
Tuesday 3 October 2006 1.30pm
I enjoyed Spacey in American Anthems, hoping Resurrection Blues will be good, although to be honest with the SE1 low rate I'll still probably go even if all the reviews are awful!
Wednesday 4 October 2006 3.47pm
ADT wrote:
I enjoyed Spacey in American Anthems, hoping Resurrection Blues will be good, although to be honest with the SE1 low rate I'll still probably go even if all the reviews are awful!

Can you give me some info on the SE1 low rates? What special discounts are available?
Wednesday 4 October 2006 3.52pm
Residents of Southwark and Lambeth can purchase selected tickets for 5. Booking must be made in person at The Old Vic box office and you need to take proof of address.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 4.23pm
I only found out last year that we could enjoy this special residents price after paying for the normal price for 10 years, rrrh! Anyway, you need to book fairly early. When we went to book yesterday the only seats available until the end of the month had restricted view. But from November, there are some good seats at 5. However, you can only book a maximum of 2 tickets.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 6.05pm
We went to see Kevin Spacey in Richard II with the 5 residents tickets. Yawn!
The good thing is that at that price you dont mind leaving at the interval, and not going back. We went to the Ring for a couple of drinks which was much more enjoyable.
Thursday 5 October 2006 5.51pm
I actually thought the Richard II production was really good, and I was impressed by Kevin Spacey's English accent. Thanks for the info about residents' discount rate, I'll check it out tomorrow when I book my tickets for Moon For The Misbegotten...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: