Charity shop required ... and other questions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 12.19pm
I have finally moved in - moving is SUCH a nightmare. But getting to the point, does anyone know where I would be able to donate some stuff to charity (clothes, books, etc.)? Somewhere near Borough High Street would be handy. I haven't had time to explore yet.

Off topic, isn't Joe's Kitchen's menu so eclectic? I never thought I would see Nasi Goreng and Burger & Chips on the same menu in London.

Lastly, can anyone recommend a good dry cleaners around Borough High Street?

Thanks
Wednesday 4 October 2006 1.42pm
I believe there is a charity shop inside Guy's Hospital - though I'm not sure where.

Ohter than that, there's not much in the immediate vicinity of Borough High Street. There's more if you head for Walworth Road and there certainly used to be one on Lower Marsh though I haven't been round there for a while.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 1.46pm
there is one in Guys-friends of Guys shop at towards the entrance onto St Thomas' street. There is a charity shop in TBR or one in Jamaica road also
Wednesday 4 October 2006 2.07pm
As for dry cleaners, in the past I've used the one on the London Bridge highwalk near Richer Sounds. I don't remember the prices but they did a good job on a garment I care a lot about!
Wednesday 4 October 2006 10.45pm
I think the one on TBR only takes clothes. Not sure about the Guy's Friend's one.. but if you take a right at Mcdonnalds on St. thomas' st. you will find it
Thursday 5 October 2006 9.30am
Thanks I will check Guy's out.
Thursday 5 October 2006 11.52am
If you take a No 1 bus along to The Blue, there is one there which is always after stuff (at least they welcome us with open arms!). It's back from the road on the left at the market place.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: