Where can I buy a (digital?) piano in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 5.56pm
I'd really like to buy a piano and particularly a digital one (we live in a fairly small flat and I would like to be able to keep my practising to myself!!) but can't find anywhere in SE1 that I can buy one. Particularly good would be a second hand one. If anyone happens to be selling one, or knows of somewhere in or near the area that I could get one, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks.
Wednesday 4 October 2006 10.57pm
I recommend ebay. I bought a Yamaha Grand Touche eighteen months ago for a quarter of it's retail value and it is superb. Mind you I did have to go to Lancashire to collect it.As far as I know there is nowhere in SE1 that sells them,
Thursday 5 October 2006 1.34am
Not in SE1, but Kensington Pianos deliver free within the M25. I have a slimline Kawai model which I bought from them at a heavy discount 3 years ago and am very happy with. It is really compact for a full-keyboard digital piano and I bought it with the specific intention of putting it in a small flat without disturbing the neighbours.
Thursday 5 October 2006 10.33am
I was thinking of buying a piano too but haven't 'researched the market' yet. How much can I expect to pay for a full keyboard digital piano?
Thursday 5 October 2006 10.49am
Mine cost 1500
Thursday 5 October 2006 11.29am
The RRP on mine was about 900, I seem to remember, but I got it for not much over 700. It is a full keyboard model which comes with a single (sustaining) pedal on a freestanding block (i.e. unlike the models where you have 2 pedals built into the frame) Twin-pedal units were supposed to be an upgrade option but just before I bought it the supplier's source of components fell through. I'm not a serious pianist anyway - I use it mainly to accompany myself singing - and don't miss having a soft pedal.

You can also get some good prices at Chappell's when they have a sale - but AFAIR they stock almost exclusively Yamaha models.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: