Celeb. spotting in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 7 May 2003 11.15am
And yes, I too occassionally shop in Tesco's Old Kent Road, when Lidyl fails me, and, knock me down with a feather, if I didn't see Jade from Big Brother in there, two weeks ago, in Tesco's(admittedly impressive) sweets isle. I would have thought she might have moved up-market now that she is shacked up with that kids' TV presenter, but I am pleased to see that the Old Kent Road is still good enough for her. Of course, a regular "celeb" out-and-about is Simon Hughes, but imagine my trauma when I saw Slim, natural-blonde Anne Widdecombe flagging down a taxi on the Old Kent Road the other day. On the back of seeing her in the flesh, I am now booking myself into counselling, so this may be my last post for a while. I have to say, though, that the diet doesn't seem to be going very well.

Anyone seen anyone else?

PS. what was Simon Hughes thinking about when he thought it would be a good idea to have a plaque with his name on it saying "I declare these public toilets open", that is on the door of the public toilets in the Elephant and Castle shopping centre. Surely that is worth a 10 for a photograph sent in to Private Eye?

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Wednesday 7 May 2003 2.21pm
Well, well. So I wasn't the only one who saw Miss Piggy eerrrr sorry Jade in OKR Tesco's. I just had a quick glimpse and carried on with my shopping. She did look quite well though (considering I used to think she looked like a wilder Beast).

I have also seen Anne Widdecombe on the old kent road too looking quite sexy NOT!

Believe it or not I saw West Life in the noodle bar at the Elephant & Castle some time ago and BoyZone in Pizza Castello.

I don't know what it is but celebs seem to just follow me about
Wednesday 7 May 2003 5.27pm
I saw Tony Blackburn being interviewed this lunchtime in Bernie Spain Gardens. I guess there's a lot of celeb spotting round there because of the TV studios.

Wednesday 7 May 2003 6.36pm
Meera Syal (of 'Kumars' and 'Goodness Gracious Me' fame) on the Northern Line south from Goodge Street until Waterloo whereupon I had to get off the train. I actually stayed on an extra stop from Embankment in the hope the carriage would clear so I could ask her to sign my tube ticket without causing a fuss!

Unfortunately, everyone (including myself) got off at Waterloo - I assume she continued to Kennington or beyond.

About two weeks ago maybe?

Also: Nicholas Witchell, BBC TV journalist. He was grabbing some food from a hole in the wall near Borough market (underneath the rail lines, further up towards the high street from Fish!) the day that area was all closed off for some function at Southwark Cathedral, I believe. This was a few months ago - heavy police presence.
Wednesday 7 May 2003 8.05pm
Funny thing - late this afternoon - in Tescos - I saw (and I'm terrible for names anyway) - that girl from Eastenders, Carol, Sonia's mum - the thing is I thought I knew her and was racking my brains - then met her again in the next isle and thought she recognised me as well (or that she had seen a ghost!) It wasn't till I read this that that I now realise who she was! I still don't know her name!

Thursday 8 May 2003 10.42am
zandra rhodes on bermondsey street the other day- can't think why she was there...
Thursday 8 May 2003 10.55am
Well I didn't think SE1ers would be such a star-struck lot! Hang out in Borough Market on a Saturday morning and you will see the likes of Suggs, Jamie Oliver and Jennifer Saunders.
Thursday 8 May 2003 11.27am
I'm glad that Zandra was spotted today, because despite claiming that she's lived in the area for ages, I've never seen her out and about (she's not that hard to miss).
Thursday 8 May 2003 12.43pm
On the subject of Zandra, one of the most bizzare sights I think I have ever seen is her last week in her Joseph's Technicolour Dreamcoat getup carrying large scaffolding poles from a lorry.
Thursday 8 May 2003 1.39pm
anyone been invited to Zandra's Fashion Musuems opening- is it tonight and public next monday?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: