Tesco Old Kent Road - Re-development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14
Thursday 5 October 2006 8.50am
It seems Tesco Old Kent Road is set to expand to include a bigger store, 320 flats and some 'community facilities' (ref. p.12 of the Southwark News).

What a fantastic idea! Provided the mix of housing is right (ie. not all 250k plus private), this will greatly improve the area and provide improved services to the community. More importantly, from my perspective, the bigger store will hopefully mean less queuing time at the checkout!!

Chris
Thursday 5 October 2006 9.16am
This is exciting. The store is sitting on a HUGE parking lot, and could definitely support some further, tasteful (!) development. And it will certainly give that part of the OKR some impetus.
Thursday 5 October 2006 9.30am
Wahey - can't wait to see the price of our flat, very close to Tesco, go up another few percent!
Thursday 5 October 2006 12.50pm
Does anybody know how us local residents can get involved in the consultation process? Is there a planning officer to write to with our comments or with this not happen until an official planning application is put in?

Chris
Thursday 5 October 2006 12.59pm
There will be an exhibition of the plans outside the store on Fri 13 & Sat 14 October (Fri 11am-7pm; Sat 10am-4pm),

Look out for more details on this site soon.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 October 2006 1.20pm
Thanks, a date for the diary.

Chris
Thursday 5 October 2006 4.07pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2363

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 October 2006 11.22pm
Hello. I am relatively new to the area, but given the recent annoucement of Tesco's half year results of GBP1.0bn, surely there's no need to line there pockets anymore..

That's i.m.h.o

Thanks
Friday 6 October 2006 7.45am
I dont think lining Tesco's pocket is what matters. Of course Tesco is taking over the world together with Berkeley Homes. But added decent accommodation in that part of the OKR is only to be encouraged. It's a bit of a no man's land. The Aylesbury Estate is coming down too, so that will give the area some rather nicer housing.
Anonymous User
Friday 6 October 2006 7.52am
What about all the peole that live on the estates? Will they get to live in the nicer housing or will they be priced out of the area?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: