Bonfire Night Fireworks (?)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 6 October 2006 5.48pm
The recent threads about fireworks got me thinking about the upcoming Guy Fawkes event November 5. Any suggestions about favorite places for fireworks displays?
Saturday 7 October 2006 11.29pm
well my current favourite is Jackie R's terrace, but really, you can't beat the fireworks and bonfire, held at Nunnery Wood Primary School, Worcester, right next to my parents house, where you can stand this close to the bonfire, and they have toffee apples, and sparklers, and hot mulled punch, and karaoke, and it's great!

otherwise, Blackheath always do a good one, and the kids on The Heygate, let off fireworks all year round.
Sunday 8 October 2006 9.36am
Southwark have just announced:
Quote:
Family Fireworks Display

Sunday November 5 2006
Welcome to our spectacular free annual firework display in Southwark Park. Bring your sparklers and leave the fireworks to the professionals and come along to witness the best show in southeast London.

Find your way to the Victorian bandstand to watch some amazing fire driven street theatre, listen to fantastic live music and have a ride on the funfair.

At 8.45pm prepare to be dazzled as the fireworks explode into the night sky above the beautiful bandstand.

But remember leave your cars at home and catch the bus or the tube to this great family night out.

Times: 7pm to 9pm
Fireworks at 8.45pm

How to get there
Tube - Canada Water, Bermondsey and Surrey Quays
Buses - P13, 1, 47, 188, 225, 381
ADT
Monday 9 October 2006 11.11am
The Lord Mayor's Parade is on 11 Nov and will be followed by the usual big fireworks display, which tends to be one of the biggest - best watched from Blackfriars Bridge or Waterloo Bridge (they launch from barges inbetween the two).
Monday 9 October 2006 6.03pm
As all the regulars know, Firework Night on my terrace is open house. Recommended. Just follow the socials page. I need to know if you're coming in order to leave your name for security.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: