Giant slides at the Tate Modern

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
connie Monday 9 October 2006 1.42pm
There are some giant slides in the Turbine Hall at the Tate Modern. That's going to be fun, if the kids let us on them!!
James Hatts Monday 9 October 2006 1.58pm
They are fun; I tried two of the slides at the press view this morning:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2368

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Neil Monday 9 October 2006 2.07pm
Whhheeeeeee!!!!

I got very excited when I read about it in the Times yesterday but then I wondered if it was all a wind-up. I'm glad that in these health and safety obsessed days (falling pears anyone?!) something like this can still happen.

Still I will be trying it out at the earliest possible opportunity just in case someone inspects the slide later and finds it too slippy or something.
Tattie Monday 9 October 2006 2.10pm
I want to go!!!!!!!!
phoney Monday 9 October 2006 2.57pm
At last a return to something befitting the space.
Bring back Olafur Eliasson's Foggy Sunset for the winter I say.
That was a great exhibit as was Anish Kapoors Marsyas.
The heads and the boxes were uninspiring.
ADT Tuesday 10 October 2006 12.14pm
A friend of mine has proposed a drinking game:
1) a pint at the Founders Arms,
2) a go on the slides
3) repeat

(the last man standing is the winner)

I shall try them sober first though :-)
westofbank Thursday 12 October 2006 12.23pm
You should never drink and slide........
westofbank Friday 13 October 2006 6.23pm
A long wait to go on the slide today. Went there today at 4.15 and was given a ticket for 8 o'clock.
Zappomatic Sunday 15 October 2006 4.36pm
The trick is to wait at the main entrace (that being the one down a ramp) in time for opening, and make sure you're one of the first at the ticket desk, which is on the right hand side at the bottom of the ramp. That way the only waiting time is for the doors to open. I did that on Saturday and had slid by 10.05am - by then the queue had extended right up to the doors.
Neil Monday 26 February 2007 5.32pm
There was almost something inevitable about the story in the Standard today that a woman is suing the Tate Modern after suffering a slide-related injury.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions