Accident in Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 13 October 2006 4.29pm
Just come over Tower Bride and Tooley Street is cornered off with police. See two motor bikes. Any one know anything else?????
Friday 13 October 2006 5.11pm
I just cycled along Tooley Street and there was no sign of anything untoward.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 13 October 2006 6.54pm
A young lady was knocked off her scooter, she was in the road so the police were controlling the traffic.It happened around half two,it seems a long time for the police to stay.The ambulance had not arrived when I left.The driver who had collided with her appeared unhurt but very shaken.Hopefully they will all be ok.
Friday 13 October 2006 8.05pm
It looked very busy at 5.10pm when I went past. The 24hr bike people had nearly run me over, when crossing over the road, so I would imagine they had come for he scooter??
Friday 13 October 2006 8.30pm
Maybe Pops,I didn't hang around ,there were a number of police,one of the community officers was kneeling with the girl and there were quite a few rubberneckers gathering and I didn't feel comfortable,the police seemed to have enough to worry about without adding crowd control to the mix.I was just a bit suprised they were still there so long after the fact,I hope she was not badly hurt.I was even more suprised at the other motorists who were blowing their horns and yelling when they could clearly see there had been an accident,people never cease to amaze me
Saturday 14 October 2006 7.33am
May be they were doing their investigation bit when I passed. that can take some time.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: