Bridgewalk Heights - Noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 20 October 2006 10.38am
Hi
Is there anyone on here living in Bridgewalk Heights who has been bothered by the noisy neighbours who have moved in recently?
If so please contact me as I want to see what we can do about it
Tony
Zoe
Friday 20 October 2006 8.25pm
If you are suffering from noise, you can ring the Southwark Council noise nuisance team on 020 7525 2000 (24 hour service). It's a bit of a long winded process, but they have a lot of powers to stop noise, including confiscating equipment.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 2.26pm
Yes this noise is very annoying. I think it's the university students on the first floor. Can anything be done about it?
Wednesday 8 November 2006 2.28pm
other than ringing the council as suggested above.
JQL
Wednesday 8 November 2006 3.23pm
If you have communal electricity meters then why not just turn off their electricity at the central point and then lock the cupboard again each time they are too noisy...they will soon get the hint.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 5.20pm
I'd love to assume the previous comment was a joke, but it doesn't sound very joke-y....

If your neighbours are causing a nuisance you have a valid grievance against them and there are processes you can go through. If, however, you do something stupid like that, then you are also in the wrong and they can also make a complaint against you. It must be tempting but in the long run it sounds like a somewhat stupid idea!
Wednesday 8 November 2006 5.32pm
Hi Alpa
It is the students on the first floor who are friends with the students on the ground floor and treat the building like a halls of residence. One of them threatened to hit me after the last time I complained, this was at 4am on a Tuesday morning. I seriously regret not informing the police.
My agent has written to the managing agents. If you email me qprecords@hotmail.com I'll give you managing agents contact details. I think it would help if there were other complaints beside mine.
Re. calling the council...they told me they'll only come out if there is music playing..shouting, banging and slamming doors at 5am (as happened Monday morning) don't count.
Thursday 9 November 2006 10.58am
I believe that leases and rental agreements often contain clauses about not disturbing other residents. The agent / managing agent will hopefully be aware of the position in your building, but it would be worth checking for yourself if you haven't already done so.
Friday 10 November 2006 3.37pm
Hi Tony,
If the details of the managing agents are Salter-Rex then I have the number and will call them this afternoon.
I agree something must be done about this as the students are definitely treating Bridgewalk Heights like halls of residence and turning the place into a sh*t hole.
I'd definitely steer clear of them as I'm sure they're on drugs, it's not worth getting attacked over.
Alpa
Wednesday 30 December 2009 4.43am
Hi

I was just wondering what happened to the noisy residents?

I moved to Bridgewalk Heights in September and have had problems coming from a certain flat... they are soooo noisy. Not on weekends but partying from sunday to friday there about :/
I (and others) have been complaining here and there and now finally they have been told that they have to move out of the flat. But now they are dragging this decision to court. I can not imagine that they in any way will win, but I guess that they are just doing that for being able to stay in that flat for a bit longer...

So fingers crossed that Bridgewalk Heights soon will be a more quieter place to live!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: