hunt for the best fryup

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 16 May 2003 9.05am
Please tell me where the best place to get a fry up is ..... i've already been to Borough cafe and don't rate it (although the ladies who run it are brilliant)!
Dan
Friday 16 May 2003 9.47am
Jade's cafe off London Road is good and you get alot for 4:50 (although the place could do with a bit of decorating)
Friday 16 May 2003 11.43am
There are loads of good caffs along Grange Road and Bermondsey Street. I've had two taxi drivers recommend Rose's Dining Rooms - I haven't been there myself, but when I walk past it's always busy, and the breakfasts make me drool....
Friday 16 May 2003 1.31pm
anyone know if the bermondsey kitchen does a fry up with their new sunday opening times?
Friday 16 May 2003 2.21pm
I'm quite partial to the fried breakfasts at the Capital Kebab House in The Cut
Friday 16 May 2003 2.39pm
I've never been but there's one on Bartholomew Street - Opposite St Olaves School and it always has loads of work vans outside - must be some sort of recommendation....

My fry ups are still the best in the area though!

Can't beat Borough Market for ingredients.

David
Sunday 18 May 2003 7.57pm
Lady Miss jo jo - wouldn't rate the brekkies at rose's dining room, ok, but not all that. Used to live above parma cafe in Vauxhall. they used to do a top fry up....

Monday 19 May 2003 3.54pm
The Island Cafe on Southwark Bridge Road (jct with Union Street) is alright as I remember; might be quite nice now that they've supposedly "enhanced" Union Street(!)

Can you believe they "invested" over 1.5m of our money on what they've done to Union Street? Have you noticed all the new pavement seating behind the Island Cafe - I mean - who were they expecting? Its not the most picturesque of resting spots....

Not sure if "Murphy's" - the contractors / builders on this project - are a listed company, but if they are - I'm a buyer.
Tuesday 20 May 2003 8.47pm
Try Mill Street Cafe, off Jamaica Road/Tooley Street. Not the cheapest, but good food and environment.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: