Lambeth ticket scam?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 October 2006 8.41pm
Last week I received a letter informing me that I was now being charged 100 for non payment of a car paking ticket from Lambeth Parking Services. I quered this with them because I never recieved a ticket in the first place.They informed me that the ticket was given for parking in a residents parking bay in Grantham Road Stockell. I contacted them and informed them that I have never parked there , all they kept saying was that I should make a representation . I again contacted them and spoke with a really helpful guy who said he would send photo's of the car parked in Grantham Road. When the photo's arrived they definately showed my car but it wasn't parked in Granthan Road but the street where I live in Southark no where near Grantham Road Stockwell.I have now made representation but I am at a total loss how could a Lambeth warden give me a ticket (I never received) in a Southwark street stating my car was parked in a Street in Stockwell when the photos show my car parked in my Street where I live in Southwark.Is it possible someone else is trying to make money out this apart from Lambeth?
I also live no where near the Lambeth/Southwark divide.
Tuesday 31 October 2006 9.08am
I'd contact the Evening Standard.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: