More London Terraces

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 31 October 2006 12.32pm
I think we may have discussed this before but I know not where.

As the new More London buildings are nearing completion I was wondering if anyone has any information on the plans for the empty pubs, terraced houses, and The Fire Station on Tooley Street?

Who is dealing with this at Southwark Council and More London?
JQL
Tuesday 31 October 2006 12.50pm
As far as I know they are all to be retained, well at least the facades, and a glass top two (ish) floors of the terrace will be constructed and they will be used for offices and the like.

The planning officer at Southwark is part time (naturally) and is called Bridin O'Connor. As for More London I don't know who to contact.
Tuesday 31 October 2006 2.50pm
They are to be retained and brought back to life as JQL suggested. There are proposals to re-instate the use of the Antigallican and St. Johns Tavern as bars/restaurants [style of which is subject to whoever takes on the lease] with 'flexible workspace' [whatever that means] on the upper floors. The bits in between are being remodelled as mixed use, with the facades of 163-169 largely retained and new glazed extensions above 155-161, so that the terrace will be largely 4 story, with the slightly taller Tavern as existing and refurbished

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network