Royal Festival Hall Restaurants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 November 2006 12.38pm
Royal Festival Hall has opened up a lot of restaurants and bars facing the river and alongside the Hungerford Bridge. Has anyone used any of them? Any views or comments to pass on?

We used to go to the Festival Cafe there a lot. Great location but poor service. We even held some residents' meetings there free of charge as no one used to bother to serve us - very useful!
Thursday 2 November 2006 1.40pm
I think they're good but it's a shame they are all chains. Las Iguanas is good but the service is shocking slow (given that lots of their cutomers are trying to have a quick bite prior to a concert). Le Pain Quotidien is massively expensive and not as good as Paul IMO.
There will be more eating places opening soon.
Thursday 2 November 2006 2.01pm
The Strada is really good. Only problem is sometimes it's so busy you cant get a table.

I used to go to meetings in the Festival Hall as well - I hope the refurbishment doesn't do away with all the best spots for holding them!
Thursday 2 November 2006 2.06pm
Giraffe is great for accommodating small kids and the food is surprisingly good. You get a free balloon too (but you may need to acquire a kid first)! Strada was excellent too so my preconceptions about chains are being eroded a tad.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: