Filming in Southwark Jubilee Line Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 May 2003 10.49pm
Stuck on the Jubilee Line travelling westbound towards London Bridge, I noticed a group of people in orange/yellow high visibility vests including one holding and aiming a TV camera and another with a sound/microphone boom.

They were in the bit between the westbound/eastbound platforms where I think there are stairs or something coming down onto the platform. This was around 1545; they were not there at 1640 or so when I went back the other way.

Locations and times are approximate. Did anyone else see them? And what were they doing? A couple also had clipboards I think.

(OT - Reminds me: a couple of days ago when every ten meters or so around Bond Street station there were people with handheld clicky counters, clipboards and high vis vests, particularly at platform level and in all the interconnecting bits.)

Josh
Sunday 15 June 2003 6.34pm
Just been watching the music video of 'Back Here' by BBMak. It seems many of the Jubilee Line scenes were shot at Southwark station, evidenced by a brief reflection of the name - reversed, naturally - in a shot of a pair of closing Platform Edge Doors.

However, this pre-dates the filming I mentioned by three years, since the music video was produced in 2000.

Post edited (15 Jun 03 19:34)
Monday 23 June 2003 5.51pm
Hi Josh - do you mean eastbound? You have me confused!
Friday 27 June 2003 9.18am
Indeed I do mean eastbound to London Bridge from Southwark - apologies!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: