London to Brighton Veteran Car Run

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 3 November 2006 9.45am
We have watched this every year for the past five/six and it's great fun! It'e worth getting up with the sparrows for (and you can't beat London on a crisp sunny autumn morning ... with a flask of hot chocolate!)

Lots of steam powered cars. the odd fire engine, even a penny farthing or two ... hope to see you en route!

No connection at all, either.
Friday 3 November 2006 10.02am
Julie

where do you watch it from? do they still go along Kennington road?
Friday 3 November 2006 10.10am
The route through SE1 has changed in the past few years.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/1188

When I was a kid we always used to watch it in Westminster Bridge Road, but it now crosses Westminster Bridge and turns right along Lambeth Palace Road, then left down Lambeth Road, then right again into Kennington Road.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 November 2006 11.13am
thanks James

I remember watching it as they turned from Westminster Bridge road down Kennington road by Lambeth North tube station!
Friday 3 November 2006 1.09pm
Traditionally we've always gone to Streatham Hill as breakfast at a friends is close by (so drive past the early starters that haven't quite made it up Brixton Hill) - but this year hope to see it from Hyde Park
Friday 3 November 2006 1.20pm
I am surprised Ken encourages these gas guzzlers!!!
Friday 3 November 2006 5.07pm
newcrossgate wrote:
I am surprised Ken encourages these gas guzzlers!!!

But surely the greens amongst us take our hats off to people running cars that are at least 80 years old ...
Wednesday 5 August 2009 3.36pm
Does anyone know of a way that my mum could get a ride in one of the cars? It's her 50th birthday this year and it's her dream to ride in one of the cars!! i've only seen a weekend offer for a 15 mins ride and i know she'd like to be in one for a bit longer than that!!.........
Wednesday 5 August 2009 3.59pm
Contact the RAC Club (Pall Mall or Epsom) it is their event and they might be able to suggest other avenues to try if they can't help.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network