College Project - Filming along the River Thames - Best locations etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 November 2006 9.41am
Hello,

For a college project next week i have to put my ideas forward for a short 5 minute film.

I was thinking of making mine about the River Thames with music in the background to go along with the clips.

What im not too sure about and maybe you could help is how to start finish it and just general ideas for the short piece.

I was thinking of starting it off showing the water and quietness in the early morning on the river and then have the pleasure boats starting,tugs moving and then finish off with the night life and Thames lit up.

Any ideas you have i would love to hear.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 1.07pm
will you be acknowledging our help if we do?

24hrs on the Thames is a good idea - you could follow the sun round, so different positions, with the sun in at different times of day
8am to 6pm, 10 hours, 30 secs per hour.

you could also try and go for views that aren't normally seen, ie not the usual tourist views, maybe the river, and the edge/river wall, but not the buildings that define the exact location.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 1.45pm
Sure i dont mind giving you acknowledgements but its only a college inside film so it wont be released.

24hrs is a bit much for me as i dont live right in London about 45 minute train away.

I was thinking of doing something similar with the morning afternoon sunset and night on the river but im not sure how to m ake it a story or with a meaning.

I have access to all the companies on the river so travelling on boats and getting access is no problem,yet i dont want to make the whole piece with boats featured,i want to capture the sights along the river and so on.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 5.22pm
how about starting at the top, where it rises (somewhere in oxfordshire i think), and then finishing at it's exit, maybe somewhere near Southend, or Tilbury
Anonymous User
Wednesday 8 November 2006 5.24pm
What course are you on, Cockney?
Wednesday 8 November 2006 8.55pm
Sorry to be picky ... but isn't the whole idea of your college project is that it is YOUR idea?
Anonymous User
Wednesday 8 November 2006 9.04pm
That's where i was going!
Thursday 9 November 2006 7.40am
Tend to agree with Julie and Birdie. If you havent got the ideas, your career ain't going to go anywhere much. Sit down and think. And do your homework. And scout out some locations. Stay in a hostel or a B&B if you need more time. Originality and individuality dont come from getting other people to do your thinking for you.
Thursday 9 November 2006 10.51am
that was kind of my first idea - which is why i asked if we'd be acknowledged.
Thursday 9 November 2006 11.48am
Don't be too harsh on Cockney. He was just asking for suggestions to throw into the melting pot, not a complete plan.

He's obviously got ideas of his own, but no harm in seeking suggestions from others.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: