The wrong letterbox....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 November 2006 12.03pm
I'm used to dropping in my immediate neighbours letters that have been put through my letterbox, but at the week-end I had a stack of mail put through complete with elastic band, and more to the point some poor devils credit card bill who lives in Searles road..and I'd been away for a week...lets hope he pays by direct debit....we must have a really new postman!
Anonymous User
Tuesday 14 November 2006 12.14pm
Sympathies Jan. I live in Webber Street and this is a common problem - our post person seems to be innumerate and can't read the numbers on our front doors!
Tuesday 14 November 2006 12.50pm
What I've done KJ is to write this website down on the back of the envelope ( for proof if he incurs late payment charges) and a brief explanation because i had been away for a week and don't know how long the letters had been on my doormat..and the annoying thing is it's terraced houses, so it's not he'd forgotten some and did not want to troop back upstairs so.. from now on i'll be taking notes..
Tuesday 14 November 2006 1.31pm
This also seems to be happening to me more regularly too , and a couple of weeks ago I had a elastic band bundle of mail and also a post office redirected mail envelope full of someone's redirected mail!
Tuesday 14 November 2006 1.46pm
KJ wrote:
Sympathies Jan. I live in Webber Street and this is a common problem - our post person seems to be innumerate and can't read the numbers on our front doors!

The Webber Street innumeracy problem is still happening then... we lived down there a couple of years ago, and I'd often have to wander off down the road to repost things...
Anonymous User
Tuesday 14 November 2006 4.39pm
Yes Nancy it is and the problems have been made worse by new builds - there are now at least 3 1-9 variations of addresses and they get delivered randomly but are nowhere near each other!
Wednesday 15 November 2006 12.01pm
I got chatted up by my current postman the other week... that's quite a change from the grumpy innumerate ones that post all the wrong things in Webber Street letterboxes.

(mind you, he doesn't arrive until after 2pm, but he did compliment my clothes the other day, which surprised me!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: