Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10
Tuesday 29 May 2007 9.58am
no, i've not had a problem with any water leaks - and i'm in core D and the one right on the end ie above the show flat..

the wind was banging the doors enclosing the recycling bins all day, i wondered what that was! but we managed to latch it closed on our way out yesterday evening..

let's hope that's the last of the 'orrible weather! (i know, wishful thinking!)
Saturday 16 June 2007 9.45am
Has anyone in the Artesian managed to get a council tax bill from Southwark Council? I called them up and they said they had no record of the building, and that I'd have to get a council tax valuation done. Is this right and if so, how do I instigate this?
Saturday 16 June 2007 10.58am
Hi JGarcia,

I had the same thing when I moved into my flat 7 years ago. You shouldn't have to do anything - Southwark Council will eventually get round to assigning your flat to a council tax band and invoicing you, but be warned, they will backdate the bill to the day you moved in and will probably expect you to pay it very quickly.

They took about a year to sort out the council tax for our building. They then sent an invoice backdated by a year (to the day I moved in) and demanded payment in 7 days my account was in arrears! Of course, the only reason it was in arrears was because they had taken a year to send a bill!

They didn't give the option to pay it in installments - apparently, I should have been budgeting for it. I was VERY cross about this as I had been hassling them for a year to sort it out, and then felt as if I was being treated like I was trying to evade payment by asking to be able to pay it in installments. Eventually, I was allowed to pay it in three installments.

Of course, they might be much better at dealing with these things now - last time I spoke to Southwark Council about council tax they were very helpful.

TLMJJ
Monday 18 June 2007 1.40pm
Is it just me, or does the building look like it's not finished yet? What with that grey and yellow plastic material running the length of the building. Shame as I had high hopes for it -the wooden bits at the top and bottom are nice but it looks like the builders in the middle of the job.
Thursday 21 June 2007 12.39pm
Hi - I also live in the Artesian. Having spoken to Anita Heath some weeks ago, Southwark Council did decide which band the building was to be placed in (from memory Band F at 1705.80 pa for 2007/2008) but Hyde have objected to this and have asked for a review, suggesting that band C or D would be more appropriate for 1 & 2 bed apartments given the bands that terraced houses within the area fall into.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourCouncil/CouncilTaxSection/cotax/ctbandings.html

However, the payments will be back-dated to your date of completion (if you bought & these have been provided to the council by Hyde)regardless of whether you actually moved in on that day or were paying tax to a different council, though there may be some discount for vacant properties, though this I have yet to investigate.
Monday 17 September 2007 11.52am
Should anyone still be reading this - has anyone had Sky installed in the building yet? I assume the plug in the wall for the satelite works alright?

Think I might get the Sky with broadband package, unless anyone has any horror stories.
Monday 17 September 2007 5.50pm
Hi There,

I have had sky installed when I moved in. All is working fine for me.
Friday 21 September 2007 1.28pm
I haven't had Sky installed I'm afraid but wondering if there was any update on the council tax situation? After 5 months of waiting, I have just been I need to get a valuation done (which I thought had been done by Hyde) and that it would probably be band E which seem crazy as when I lived in Alaska building round the corner it was band C.

Also, did anyone make the residents meeting last week? I couldn't get out of work on time.
Friday 21 September 2007 5.05pm
I just heard rumours that Sky+ could not be installed in the flats because it requires 2 sky sockets to work fully.

Regarding the tax - I believed we were waiting to hear from southwark council themselves. I have asked them for an application form before (early March 2007) but recieved nothing in the post. I assumed this meant they were still thinking about it.
klf
Saturday 18 October 2008 4.31pm
Hi, I may have missed it completely and may be registered as tax offender somewhere by now, but I still haven't received any council tax bill. I called the council and Hyda once after moving in and was told to wait...seems an awful long time though!

thanks
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network