Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10
Monday 26 March 2007 12.32pm
only minor problems only with mine, shower wasn't hot enough but they came within the week to re-calibrate them and now they are fine..

one of the spotlights in the kitchen under the cabinets blew, we replaced it but it still didn't work.. was told the transformer needed replacing and that would take a week or so, but still waiting..

but i hear the on-site team are now gone and they've handed over to the management people??

everything else working just fine though!!
Monday 26 March 2007 2.43pm
...I was lucky,no problems with my kitchen
Wednesday 11 April 2007 11.48am
Anyone know what the story is with the lift in Block D? One day it works the next it doesn't!

p.s. 6 weeks and 4 "repair" visits later and I have just had my fridge replaced!
Thursday 12 April 2007 12.09pm
Quote from Anita Heath, Hyde Group, today
"I have spoken to the lift maintenance manager for the lift company this morning. He has informed me that the problems with the lift that fall under his remit have been resolved and that there was a fault with an isolator board which an electrician needed to attend to. I contacted Rooff as this falls under their remit and they advised that their electrician attended to the isolator board this morning and the lift is now functioning. Both companies state that this should now solve the problem permanently."
Friday 13 April 2007 12.18am
So what's the consensus? Are you guys happy with the apartment(s)/the area? (Just interested as somebody who lives locally and has a friend who is looking to buy in the Artesian building).
Friday 13 April 2007 6.55am
Juanita's flat is lovely, gorgeous view, but the rooms are a funny/interesting shape which demands creativity in furnishing. When I went to visit we had to walk up six flights - kept us fit and made the dinner guilt free! Seriously though, I noticed on the way up and down that the carpets on the stairs are ALREADY coming away from their moorings, and it's the cheapest nastiest carpet anyway, which is typical of this kind of development - cheap and effective for selling, no thought for any state of affairs in five years from now. And as there is only one lift per block, if it's out of order you're washed up.
Monday 16 April 2007 12.55pm
I do apologise to my dinner guests for making them walk up 6 flights of stairs! You all wanted to come round ....
Monday 16 April 2007 12.56pm
I am very happy with my apartment, especially now that the lift is working again
Monday 16 April 2007 2.16pm
We all had a lovely time and the walk up took the guilt out of eating second helpings!
Tuesday 17 April 2007 3.24pm
i love my flat! it's huge and has a lovely view of the park.. it's nice to see such a wide range of people using the park too, from runners, to kids playing, to adults lazing around with the papers.. i've managed to go running twice (although i do intend to go running more!) in the month or so that i've been living there..

can see the gherkin and the tops of tower bridge.. and sort of can see canary wharf when it's not too cloudy..

as for the area, well i used to live in london bridge, so am already familiar with the bermondsey st side of town.. however, am happily exploring the se16 side (sorry, i know this is an se1 site!) and think that arancia and poppy hana are great places and really good value..

the lift being out of order was annoying, but luckily i wasn't unfortunate enough to be moving in when that happened..

had a few people over during the easter break, and they all had to walk up the stairs too.. if i were trying to keep fit, i would do it normally even if the lift was working, but i'm far too lazy for that!

overall.. v. happy..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network