"Elephant and Castle Man Dies in Cupboard"

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 19 November 2006 10.11pm
This was the strange headline on the Standard hoardings on Friday. Anyone know what the story was?
Sunday 19 November 2006 10.17pm
Found it. Awful story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=416989&in_page_id=1770

Typical Daily Mail reader comment at the end too, someone saying they are "against asylum seekers". There is no mention in the story of him even being an asylum seeker.
Monday 20 November 2006 7.35am
Oh how teribly sad, I hope that someone has this poor souls home address and lets his wife know and ensures that she gets all monies due to her from his employers.
Monday 20 November 2006 8.55am
The South London Press said that he was living rough and cleaning and sending money back to his family....
Anonymous User
Monday 20 November 2006 9.08am
Jackie, are you saying that living in a cleaning cupboard isn't rough??
Anonymous User
Monday 20 November 2006 10.49am
Where did that come from Birdie? Jackie appears to me to be giving more information not making any judgements. Why are so many postings on the forum aggressive these days? Healthy, animated discussion please, not 'abuse' - de-stress and react to what is being written not what you think/want to see everybody or people will give up on the site.
Monday 20 November 2006 11.04am
I was just quoting the newspaper, no judgement involved.....
Anonymous User
Monday 20 November 2006 11.06am
KJ - don't try to read a tone of voice into postings on a forum. My post wasn't in the slightest bit aggressive. Jackie and I know each other well enough for a little elbowing from time to time.

So please take your comments back - they are not necessary in the slightest.
Monday 20 November 2006 11.08am
I initially read Birdie's post in the same way that KJ did, who I think makes a fair point.

I can see no need for KJ to withdraw his/her comments.

I'm afraid the rather defensive tone [at least, that's how it appears to me!] just reinforces the perception of a forum clique which people sometimes complain to me about.

Can we stick to the topic here? Thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 21 November 2006 12.26pm
Thank you James.

While not wishing to offend Bridey again (sorry Bridey, I don't know and am not interested in your social network and I don't believe you should expect forum users to need this information to decode your postings) her response is symptomatic of a lot of postings on the Forum and I am getting less inclined to use it the more I read. I'm also getting fed up with SE1 and will be moving next summer
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: