Looking for a Tree Expert

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 November 2006 6.24am
Those people who read threads about Archbishops Park and Founders Place will note that a lot of the argument centres around whether the Founders Place development will mean that the trees in Archbishops Park will survive into the longer term.

Lambeth turned down the planning applicaiton, in part because of the impact on the conservation area. The developers have now appealed.

We need a tree expert who can give an expert opinion on the long term sustainability of these mature trees given a developemnt that only meets minimum British Standards.

Does anyone know such an expert. I will almost certainly have to pay the cost myself so I would hope it would not be too expensive. (And would welcome donations from others who want to preserve the green we have.)

I for one would be only too delighted if it were proven that I am worrying unnecessarily. But somehow I don't think I am.

Also I would really welcome help by an architect or similar on light levels. With the trees the light levels in the new private flats are only described as adequate. I am not sure what this means. My instinct is that if new build is only achieving adequate light levels despite south facing windows, it is a rrrrreason for saying theat the design is inappropriate. (It may be worth repeating that there is no opposiiton to the developemnt itself, but simply the design of the building.)

Plus help from anyone out there who knows a bit about planning appeals and who may be prepared to read through my draft objection.

Many thanks,

Sarah

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: