SE1 Book Group - want to join?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 June 2003 7.47am
Hello -

We are seeking a few new members for our monthly book group. We've been meeting for a year now in a pub near London Bridge station and are an eclectic mix of men and women, mostly in our 30s and 40s. We are not literary snobs, just a group of people who love books and discussing them - and we'd like new members to be friendly and open like us.

Each month we read a single book chosen by a vote from among nominations (up to two per member). Past selections have included Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley, I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. In general, we have tended to select contemporary literary fiction...it all depends upon what members nominate each month.

We meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:15 p.m. The meetings generally last a few hours - and end with agreement on what the next book will be.

Interested? The next meeting will be July 1. Please e-mail me about yourself and I will reply with the location and book to read.

Best wishes,
Cate
categoethals@yahoo.com

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: