Sport activity for 4-6 year olds?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
schnake Tuesday 21 November 2006 1.44pm
does anybody know of any organised sports activity for younger children?
i called the colombo centre, but they only do football.
anywhere else?
many thanks.

schnake
The Sarah Tuesday 21 November 2006 2.44pm
Racking my brains, as we have got beyond this stage.

If you live towards the west of the area, I would recommend the gym classes at Clapham Manor Leisure Centre, though they start at 8.30 am on Saturdays. I think there is also gym in Dulwich.

Swimming is something that kids this age do. Mine went first to the Latchmere in Battersea, then to Clapham Manor, though there are also classes at the Queen Mother near Victoria and potentially at the Oasis, or that one at Surrey Quays, or Peckham or Dulwich.

You dont say what sex your kids are but lots of small girls do ballet. Again friends seemed to take their kids to somewhere in Westminster on a Saturday morning.

An amazing local resident has set up a variety of sports including tennis at the old Lilian Baylis School just inside SE11. Sports Action Zone, administed by the South Bank Employers Group should be able to give details.

There is masses of footie, but also tag rugby, though dont know what age that starts. This I think takes place in Dulwich (Old Alleyns) and Tooting (Battersea Ironsides).

If any specific sport takes your fancy why not look it up on the Council website or contact the Council's sports department.

Or PM me with your phone number saying what you are interested in. My kids are now 8 and 10 and so I may know someone who signed their kids up.

Good luck. It does get easier when they get older, though I now feel I am spending too big a portion of my life commuting to South London Swimming Pools.

Sarah
dee dee Tuesday 21 November 2006 2.59pm
if 6 there is southwark tigers rugby in burgess park Sunday mornings-if interested can get details for you

There is Judo in the hall in Southwark park road i think they go from 4 or 5 upwards-there is a thread on this on here i think

football in Southwark park on Sundays i have contact details for as well if you would like will pm them to you
Laurie Friday 24 November 2006 1.09pm
The Aylwin Judo Club is in Southwark Park Road. For full details see www.aylwinjudoclub.com
The club caters for children from 5 years of age and follows the school term. Pop in and take a look.

Also try the link below to Southwarks site. You might have to copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/SportsandLeisure/

Regards

Laurie

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions