Bermondsey Graffiti Wall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 November 2006 4.35pm

I'm trying to find out a bit about what residents and locals think of the Bermondsey graffiti wall. Were you consulted prior to the wall going up and what are your thoughts on it now that it is up?

Your comments gratefully received.Many thanks.
Tuesday 21 November 2006 5.00pm
I presume you mean the wall/hoardings around the new Bermondsey Square development...

Personally, I think it's a great idea to bring some colour and life to the building site. I found out about it from this web site so wasn't really 'consulted' in the formal sense.

Tuesday 21 November 2006 6.30pm
Far more interesting than the normal, dull hoardings that go up around building sites. So I'm in favour of it.
Monday 27 November 2006 1.58pm
Its lovely.
Friday 1 December 2006 12.28pm
I wasn't too impressed with the congestion while the works were in progress - Abbey Street had extended traffic lights while it was all erected - I think it clashed with various other roadworks and closures all at the same time one Saturday and you could hardly move without finding another jam. (That was the day I saw one of the DUKW tours boats go north up Bermondsey St from TBR and turn left onto Long Lane!! What WAS it doing??)

However, now it's all up it looks quite attractive.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: