River Thames Cruise Advice????

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 November 2006 12.47pm
Hi All

I found this Red Letter Days - Thames Lunch Cruise and am thinking of buying this as a present for my folks for Christmas. Can anyone recommend this? They coming over from South Africa and I want to get them something special for their holiday. Any comments and suggestions would be useful!

Thursday 23 November 2006 12.55pm
We went on a trip in a 'glass' boat several years ago. The food was delicious , we went in the evening and even though I thought it was a waste of time and not be able to see the sights it was magical, to sail under the bridges all lit up.. Me being a simple soul was very impressed by the ' cloakroom' sinking into the floor to allow for the entertainment!
Thursday 23 November 2006 2.18pm
I took my parents on the London Eye last friday, and they absolutely loved it. Best deals seem to be from the london eye website (http://www.londoneye.co.uk/) and they do deals in combination with river cruises as well.

Although I don't know anything about the one you are talking about, I travel to work on a commuter boat, and think it is absolutely great to see the city from the water. Certainly worth doing.
Thursday 23 November 2006 2.34pm
Thanks for all the help so far, the 'glass'boat idea sounds awesome!
Tuesday 28 November 2006 11.49am
I myself work on the river and by far the two best boats to enjoy an dinner cruise are the Silver Sturgeon and the Glass boat your on about Symphony.

Although the symphony is much better views wise as everything is glass, the Sturgeon is a much larger boat with better decoration.

The meals on both boats are excellent so its totally up to you to decide your choice.

Ill leave a few links for you to take a look at:

Enjoy your cruise

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: