First Christmas Lights are on in Sumner Buildings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 November 2006 5.35pm
Not my flat I might add - but very much appreciated nonetheless. Mine will go up at the weekend. Great stuff!

"Jingle Bell, Jingle Bells..."

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 27 November 2006 5.53pm
Bah! Humbug!

I'm surprised that the Corporation of London don't have a clause in the leases forbidding decorations during Michaelmas Term, which IIRC ends immediately before the first day of Advent.
Monday 27 November 2006 6.21pm
Aha LR! You are dead right that the busy legal moles filling the Guildhall have devised such clauses, suitably comprehensive and wide ranging, and yet so byzantine that Josef K would feel at home.

So, in good faith, I am obliged to report the scoundrel. Yet, the resulting lengthy investigation might drag us all down. I am sure that the London-se1 records would also figure heavily in the case. Once the Corporation's legal advisors got to work, I would imagine everyone who had even viewed this thread would also be subject to subpeona.

So, in order to spare the good Aldermen of the Corporation the expense and effort of prosecution (tho' all are sure to be convicted), I will pass over my obligations and yield instead to the joys of early yuletide celebration.

May the chains of Jacob Marley never echo in our dreams!

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: