DVD rental

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 29 November 2006 8.50pm
Hi,
I'm new in the city'and I'd like to find out if it's possible to rent DVD for some days anywhere in the central London, of cource better in SE1, london Bridge area.
Where is the biggest collection of DVDs?
Thank you very much for information.
Wednesday 29 November 2006 10.48pm
This place rents DVD - and seems to have a good selection.

To my dying shame, I still own a VCR (that's a tape player to you) so can't say how good that actually are...

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/161670

and the rest of the tribe are here...

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/search/typeId/2113/type/Video+and+DVD+Shops
Thursday 30 November 2006 2.32pm
The Circle DVD shop is really good - it has a really wide selection of films, new and old, English/American and also foreign-language of all kinds. I say all, obviously I haven't actually counted, but definitely a good range. Have you thought about subscribing to a mailorder rental service? We have Lovefilm (www.lovefilm.com), and so far it's gone really well. Amazon do a similar thing as well. It's far easier than going out to a shop, you can keep the DVDs for as long as you like, the only drawback is that you can't specify exactly what film you want, they send you one off a list you create on their website.
Thursday 30 November 2006 2.40pm
John Harvard library also has DVD's for hire
Sunday 3 December 2006 11.22pm
Thank you very much for information.
I'll try all the variants and find the best one!
Wednesday 6 December 2006 3.05pm
I don't know if it still open but there was a place call 'Star Video'on the Walworth Road which was the first video shop in London and had every film that was ever released on tape. Pretty impressive stuff with floors and floors of tapes. They were selling a load off and some were really rare. They have DVD's too. Bill, the owner, was looking to sell the plce about a year ago but I don't know what happened...
Wednesday 6 December 2006 4.14pm
I second the Circle video shop-huge amount of DVDs and v nice/helpful staff too
Wednesday 6 December 2006 9.27pm
the library in borough high street has a great selection. all the latest titles and just a couple of quid for a week! well worth a try and the books are pretty good too. libraries are soooo 2007

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: