Horse riding

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 9 June 2003 3.42pm
I understand that there are stables on St James's Road - has anyone used them? What are they like?
Tuesday 10 June 2003 11.09am
Where's St James's Road, LMJJ?
Tuesday 10 June 2003 2.03pm
It runs between Jamaica Road and Old Kent Road - the address says SE1!
Tuesday 10 June 2003 2.34pm
Blimey ! I never would've thought it possible to have a horse in SE1! Be interested to find out what they're like and where you can ride if there are stable there...
Tuesday 10 June 2003 4.54pm
Isnt there a little farm up there? I found it while walking along the southbank (towards Greenwich). Cows, chickens, ponies, and everything! Check out attractions on this site, I have a feeling you'll find it there.
Tuesday 10 June 2003 4.57pm
That's the Surrey Docks City Farm you're thinking of - it's in Rotherhithe, and as such well into SE16

More info at http://www.surreydocksfarm.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 10 June 2003 5.00pm
SURREY DOCKS FARM Rotherhithe Street SE16 020 7231 1010
Rotherhithe South Bermondsey 1 225 P11
Surrey Docks Farm is a miniature commercial farm situated in part of the 18th century Wellses' shipyard. It has a variety of animals, a working blacksmiths, a dairy and many gardens including a herb garden of texture and smell. Facilities include a café, shop and special projects, events and festivals.
Tuesday 10 June 2003 5.10pm
I just also wanted to say that whilst walking towards Greenwich I stumbled across the most cute little delicatessen/restaurant near a church. It was along the South Bank path (a long way up). They did fantastic food with great service. They do lunch and dinner with bring your own wine. There were only 3 tables in the place, but it is true gem and i recommend that you go and dig it out!
Wednesday 11 June 2003 11.13am
According to a website I visited, they are called the Southern Railway Stables - St James Road SE1 020 7232 0676, but I haven't been able to find any other info about the. I could phone them I suppose.....
Wednesday 11 June 2003 12.36pm
Bad news, I suspect. But I think I've solved your problem. (If you don't believe me, go to Royalmail.co.uk and type in SE1 5US) and you will get:

Southwark Equestrian Association For The Disabled
Old Southern Railway Stables
St. James's Road
LONDON
SE1 5US

There really cannot be a stables there - just think of the fuss...

http://www.outinlondon.net/activities/London_Horse_Riding/London_Horse_Riding_Stables.php

If you really do find riding stables in SE1, let us all know!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: