Southbank Tandoori - The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 December 2006 5.20pm
Thinking of having the xmas lunch here

Was last here over a year ago and was quite good, anyboby been here recently? or is there any other curries houses worth a try
Monday 4 December 2006 5.40pm
I live just round the corner and have had takeaway a few times which I was never impressed with.

However the one time I eat-in it was better, though I was rather worse for wear and can't remember the details...

Apologies I can't be more useful, but on balance probably OK if you are eating there. Nearby you also have Thames Tandoori (I think that's the name) on Waterloo Road - and my opinion is that SBT is the better of the two.

There is also another place at the Waterloo end of Kennington Road, and another a few doors down Westminster Bridge Road (above the Crown and Cushion) but I've not been to either...

Last but not least there is a place on Lower Marsh called appropriately enough Marsh Ruby - however I've never seen it open. I've heard its a cafe place that opens during the day which might therefore do the trick for lunch, but as I'm never around during the day I cannot confirm or deny this...
Monday 4 December 2006 5.47pm
There's a good one opposite the Ship inn on Borough Road- just by the Inner London Crown Court. It is downstairs and a typical Indian restaurant- excellent food...
Monday 4 December 2006 6.01pm
I've eaten at the Southbank Tandoori a few times, and it's ok. Nothing special, but friendly enough. On the last occasion I had to send back a meat dish (lamb, I think) which was a bit too... chewy.
Monday 11 December 2006 11.19am
I love the food at the Southbank Tandoori. I am fussy when it comes to food and have found the ingredients at the restaurant excellent. I have taken friends there who also love the food there. Not too mention that on each occasion I have found the staff there friendly. hmmm I fancy some indian for dinner now!!!
Thursday 14 December 2006 4.40pm
Have to say, my partner and I are hooked on the SBT.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: