Help with new logo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 December 2006 4.34pm
Hi everyone

I'm in desperate need for some help with my new company logo. I know what I want but companies that I have seen on the web ask for loads of money which I just don't have at this moment in time as I am a "start up".

Is there anyone who could help who lives/works in SE1 or at least recommend someone not too expensive?

Thanks
Karen
Tuesday 5 December 2006 4.37pm
My brother does this sort of thing, but he is based in Holland. It's probably possible to do a lot using e-mail and phone. If you are interested feel free to contact him via mail@formabb.com

Given that this is my brother I obviously have a connection with him. However, his business afairs are his!
Tuesday 5 December 2006 7.20pm
Hi Karen,
do you just need help with graphics for a design you have or do you need an actual logo designed from scratch?One way to do this cheaply is to contact a local college with a Graphic Design course,you may find students willing to take this on as a project at very little cost,they could use it for their portfolio and you could give them credit on company brochures etc.
Tuesday 5 December 2006 11.28pm
There are lots of make-your-own logo sites. Why not play about yourself.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 11.17am
My brother-in-law does just this kind of thing.
He too is situated abroad (he lives in La Rochelle, France), and can be contacted by email Rob@pollen-8.co.uk

I think he's cheap, but i havn't compared against other companies. He does seem to have lots of work on, so he must be quite good.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 5.48pm
A friend of mine is a graphic designer and I am sure would work to a budget. His website is http://www.azem.net
Thursday 7 December 2006 7.34am
Why on earth do you think that someone should do something cheap for you because you're starting out? If you can't afford to get someone else to do it and you know what you want may I suggest that you do it yourself as many others have done before you. There is plenty of free software out there to facilitate this.

Not very helpful I know, but graphic designers do not operate as registered charities in support of new businesses. They have to make a living too.
Thursday 7 December 2006 4.29pm
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll definitely have a look at the leads.

Boroughbloke you come across quite aggressive for some reason.

I said I was starting out so people would know my situation. Most companies ask that anyway.
I'm not asking for a freebie or charity, as you put it, I'm asking if someone would do it cheaper than I have been quoted. I don't see anything wrong in asking for something cheaper. It saves me money!
Nothing wrong with that or am I mistaken in thinking that I have to go for the most expensive? Not good business sense though!!
If you didn't mean the way I have interpreted it apologies.
Thursday 7 December 2006 11.31pm
Boroughbloke, I must agree with KarenF as to the tone of your comment. She certainly wasn't asking for charity, just reasonable help from this community. I hope she finds a graphic designer just starting out who needs to develop a portfolio, then both benefit from the project.
Friday 8 December 2006 7.36am
Please don't stir this up kenwick. KarenF has already got her point across. Sticking to the actual thread KarenF, I think if you are short on cash you should approach the method coogie has suggested, as to a student a published piece is worth it's weight in gold.
I know the effort and time required by a designer to produce something as 'simple' and 'straight forward' as a logo often goes unrecognised by anyone other than the designer themselves. Perhaps this is the point that boroughbloke was aiming to get across (or at least that's how I read it).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: