Help with new logo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 8 December 2006 10.28am
No, thomas, boroughbloke was simply being aggresive
Sunday 10 December 2006 5.44pm
I think its a bit pathetic to label people as 'agressive' just because they have a different viewpoint from your own.

As a designer I know the feeling of constantly being asked for discounts and freebies. It can be quite frustrating.

When I was a student I was more than happy to volunteer my expertise and time, but frankly it was never respected. People would generally take the piss.

Students can do fantastic work, but as with everything in life, you get what you pay for.
Sunday 10 December 2006 8.31pm
Starting up as what, Karen?

Dont worry. You asked a reasonable question and were pretty open about the fact that you didn't have much money and why. If it was unreasonable people did not need to respond.

I think it is really brave to start up on your own. Hard work and not much money. New businesses are the life-blood of the economy. All you were asking was if someone had skills you needed and was interested in a job that would not pay well. I think the person who designed the Nike tick got about 50. When asked if she resented this, she said that she was just starting out and at least Nike, who were also starting out, paid. Most of her customers at that time did not.

If SE1 is to function as a community, Karen and others should be able to ask for help, if they need it. And she got a few helpful replies.

I too, as a landlord, got some great interior design advice from a friend who had just completed her course. I did not pay, but she saw her ideas put into practice. And it still looks great several years later.

Good luck.

Sarah
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: