Dim T at More London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 8 December 2006 2.04pm
Has anyone tried the new Dim T restuarant at More London? Recommended? I think its just opened - was surprised to see it (as its seemed to pop-up from nowhere) last night on our way to Strada last night.
Friday 8 December 2006 2.31pm
Ah - I'd been meaning to ask on here if anyone knew what was going to open next to Strada , as they've been working on it for ages.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 10 December 2006 9.44pm
Looks good! We gave it a try today (Sunday, lunch) and we like what we saw. Nice ambience (manager told us it is "much more modern" compared to the other dim t's in London....I can't comment as I didn't even know Dim T is a "chain")
The dim sum was very good (from the trolley) and didn't seem to be on the steamer for too long. The huge bowls of soup seem a bit expensive (7.90) but you really get a lot! You have to order your soup in four steps: choice of meat or fish, choice of noodles (e.g. japanese rice or egg noodles), choice of toppings (e.g. black bean), and choice of broth...or you can have all of that without the broth and it becomes a stir-fry...we didn't try any of the stir-fry but my soup was quite good, maybe a bit too spicy.
There are more tables and a bar upstairs which might give a good view of Tower Bridge and the City skyline, but we didn't check that out (yet...)
JQL
Sunday 10 December 2006 9.56pm
Went there today as well and was pleasantly surprised. The food was good and freshly cooked with decent ingredients and was reasonably priced. The manager seems to be good and the wait staff were pleasant but one lady was really quite annoying - chinese with a strange londonish accent with the questioning intonation of a small australian child.

Anyway, definitely a good addition to the area and if the quality remains it will become a regular fixture.

No connection etc...
Friday 5 January 2007 4.36pm
Good food - nice staff- reasonably priced. What more do you want?
Friday 5 January 2007 5.02pm
i was disappointed to find a miserly 2 prawns & little else (other than noodles)in the seafood laksa.Judging by the other postings maybe i simply chose the wrong dish.
Friday 5 January 2007 5.15pm
I'm not an expert at Din Sum but enjoyed what I had!
Saturday 6 January 2007 1.20pm
It was excellent when I went, especially the spinach dim sum. I say go, I'll be going back.
Thursday 25 January 2007 10.02am
I went to Dim T, More London last Saturday. We had to book as it was very busy. The food was really good and so reasonably priced! (90 for 4 people which included 4 starters, 4 mains, 3 desserts, 1 coffee, 6 beers, 2 wines and 2 lemonades) - BARGAIN!!

The view from there is just stunning, with Tower Bridge fully lit at night. Once the upstairs is open it will be better as my view downstairs was slightly obscured by the front door.

If you do go, you must try the 'Iced Berries' dessert - frozen berries with a jug of melted white chocolate to pour over - I've been craving it ever since!!

One question though - how does the white chocolate stay runny once on the frozen berries? I would love to know!!
Wednesday 27 June 2007 4.08pm
Food very disapointing,pooor & a bit tasteless,decor a bit like Busaba,but the food was light years away
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network