Personal Training

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 11 December 2006 4.20pm
I am considering opening a personal training studio(not a gym)in the SE1 area of London.I would like some feedback from those of you who presently have (or are considering taking up) personal training, on whether or not a personal training focussed studio would appeal to more than having to join a gym first to receive your personal training.
Monday 11 December 2006 7.23pm
Key drivers for me are:

(i) pricing;
(ii) location;
(iii) opening times.

If you let me know a bit more about it, I will give you my thoughts. By way of background, I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, but now only row (Concept 2) at home as no gym stays open late enough.

Chris
Monday 11 December 2006 10.14pm
Chris,

Pricing, location, and opening times are all yet to be confirmed. They are all dependant on what my initial research reveals in the next six weeks. The studio I have in mind will have a team of personal trainers who have their own clientele, are of the highest standard academically and are leaders in their own field; from athletes to therapists. The studio will be equipped with the necessary equipment needed to carry out a functional training session and clients will only pay for a one-off lifetime membership and their training session with their personal trainer.

I hope this helps?
Monday 11 December 2006 10.25pm
I go to the gym (not regularly enough though) and am considering to use a personal trainer as a way to motivate myself. However, what tends to stop me is the cost. Would this studio also allow for members to do their own work-outs between personal training sessions?
Tuesday 12 December 2006 6.11am
the key issue are price and the personal style and manner of the trainer. i have had several trainers over the last 10 years or so and have always found it a motivational and effective way to work out.
Tuesday 12 December 2006 10.47am
Tattie,

At present there are no plans to allow members to use the studio between sessions. The idea is to attract people who:

- Are solely interested in visiting the facility to have a one to one session with their private trainer.

- Do not want to join a gym and pay a joining fee & monthly subscription in addition to their personal training session.

- Want to be safe in the hands of a highly experienced and qualified, full time professoinal / Therapist.

- Avoid the prospect of being trained by a Transient Trainer (who are highly prevalent in most big chain gyms today), and may leave at any point during the client's fitness regime.

Just out of interest, what are you willing to pay for a persosnal training session?
Tuesday 12 December 2006 10.56am
boroughmark wrote:
the key issue are price and the personal style and manner of the trainer. i have had several trainers over the last 10 years or so and have always found it a motivational and effective way to work out.
Mark, I have posted an explanation to Tattie, regarding the concept for the studio. After reading this can you let me know what price you would be willing to pay for a personal training session?
Wednesday 13 December 2006 11.52am
I would be interested. I already do weight training and aerobics but am looking for instruction to take me to the next level... and correcting the mistakes I'm currently making and lastly helping me stave off the creeping arthritis I'm developing.
Wednesday 13 December 2006 3.37pm
Eric wrote:
I would be interested. I already do weight training and aerobics but am looking for instruction to take me to the next level... and correcting the mistakes I'm currently making and lastly helping me stave off the creeping arthritis I'm developing.
Eric, what classification of arthritis do you have, is it osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis? You can answer me at info@ajcfitness.co.uk if you prefer?
Thursday 14 December 2006 4.38pm
Agree with many of the comments above.

Pricing, location and relationship with the trainer are the most important points for me.

I think it's a great idea for those of us who end up joining to make use of a personal trainer but never actually go to the gym otherwise!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: