The car that makes the Tarzan noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 June 2003 9.17am
I am being slowly driven mad by a car that frequently drives around the Great Dover Street / Trinity Street area, which has some form of siren that produces the same shouting noise that Tarzan makes as he moves through the jungle.

It happens at various times of the day and night, several times a week - and is a bloody nuisance.

Has anyone else heard it!?!?
Wednesday 11 June 2003 9.24am
How bizarre! I currently work in Holborn and have the same problem. There is a motorcyclist with a loud Tarzan 'sound' that passes at about 10am every day.

Occasionally he adds the sounds of horses and various other things.

Perhaps, if anyone else has heard him, we could plot his route.
Wednesday 11 June 2003 12.10pm
Despatch rider - whinneying horses and clomping hooves noise as he came to a stop, may be the same bloke.

8:40am Junction of Southwark Street and Blackfriars Bridge. Made me laugh but then again, I would get very bored and brassed off hearing it over again and again.
MM
Wednesday 11 June 2003 3.20pm
The builders on Farringdon Road have a machine that makes a tarzan noise. They appear to use it as a general signal to their colleagues, both (a) to draw their attention when particularly attractive young women are walking by, and (b) to signal time to down tools and have a cup of tea. Unsurprisingly, one or the other of these scenarios happens on average 20-30 times a day at a very conservative guess. The amusement factor still hasn't warn off, and it is usually followed by a collective, hearty braying series of guffaws.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Thursday 19 June 2003 8.58pm
Yep, just been jumped out of my skin by a pin stiped suited chap with red crash helmet riding a small motorbike in Jamaica Road. Tarzan, horses etc, Mad!

Wednesday 25 June 2003 2.09pm
This one has been the subject of much discussion on the LondonbyLondon e-mail newsletter:

According to the last issue, "Firstly he is wearing a suit and wrap around shades not your usual leathers and scary tinted helmets. His name is Daudi (pronounced Daddy) and he works for a courier firm called Chase in Wimbledon. When asked "What's with the noises?" he fell back on that old favourite response... "Because it makes me look very
cool!""

He definitely does his stuff around the EC4 area where I work...
Thursday 3 July 2003 11.39am
I've seen him twice recently on Tower bridge Road heading towards the Bricklayers. He's a prosperous-looking gent in a rather old-fashioned sports car which i think is cream coloured. I agree, he is a (childish) nuisance.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: