17 Restaurant ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 June 2003 8.42am
Ok...

I give up.

Does anyone have any idea what No. 17 around the corner from the Market Porter (Stoney Street) where someone has converted one of the original archways beneath the traintracks? Currently there is a carved "17" in the stone work and if you peak inside there is a nice loft, wood floors and track lighting.

Is it a new Jamie Oliver joint to compliment No. 15?

I really hope they take advantage of the location as the Borough Market is being revamped. Hopefully they add a nice outdoor dining area out the back of it too... (if it isn't someone's ritzy flat)

Wednesday 11 June 2003 10.23am
Oh, as someone with a bad head for figures, I hope there isn't a rash of restaurants known only by a number. "Could I have a table for 6 at 15 for 9:30? No? Try the 17 down the road? ok, how to get there? take the 78 bus".

On the other hand, why is Jamie Oliver's place called 15 when 2 of the original 15 dropped out? Or does 15 refer to the number of months you have to wait for a table?
Wednesday 11 June 2003 12.58pm
The actual address is 17 Park Street. The side where the glass enclosure has been made in the arch is on Redcross Way.

I just hope it doesn't turn into someones fancy pancy office or something. It would have been much nicer for it to be some local restaurant/bar.

I'm sure by summer it will all be revealed...
Wednesday 11 June 2003 2.39pm
I think planning permission was given for office use as I recall.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: