Black and Blue restaurant, Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
mogoot Sunday 17 December 2006 8.47pm
Anyone been?

[no connection, just intetested]
maurits Sunday 17 December 2006 10.58pm
Yes. Excellent steak- we had the fillet de Boeuf for two and we thought it was very good. Not cheap, but good value.
Quokka Monday 18 December 2006 8.23am
It fills the gap between Angus/Aberdeen Steak Houses and The Gaucho Grill. It's good, but if you want a proper steak it has to be a Gaucho Grill.
James516 Monday 18 December 2006 9.37am
Actually, if you are a steak fan you should try La Bodeguita in E&C shopping centre - fantastic huge and cheap steaks!
Cloe Monday 18 December 2006 10.23am
I find Black and Blue an excellent dinner option. Great, melt in the mouth steaks and everyone I have taken there has loved the food.

That said it is not cheap and I think they have let themselves down a bit with the interior. The exposed brick work, the toilets and the view over borough market is fantastic but the furniture is very boring. Therefore I wouldn't pick it for a special occasion meal.
The Hutch Monday 18 December 2006 10.41am
I've been a couple of times. They have booths like Aberdeen Angus steak house (haven't been there) which I actually like.
I thought it was nice with good steaks and salads. Hamburgers are also good too.

For the best steak I have ever had though... Hawksmoor in east London wins hands down!
red_bus Monday 18 December 2006 10.45am
Cloe wrote:
... I think they have let themselves down a bit with the interior.

Too true. That is why I haven't been yet - and may never go. It just looks too... dull.

And perhaps the big glass windows may have also been a mistake - you can see a whole herd of customers in there, faces to plates, tucking in to their steaks...

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
spartacus Monday 18 December 2006 11.13am
red_bus wrote:

you can see a whole herd of customers in there, faces to plates, tucking in to their steaks...

oh well, one mans meat is another mans...etc,etc
boroughpaul Tuesday 19 December 2006 10.27pm
the food is good but not very exciting. service is fine but its really expensive ... a nice place but not the best in SE1...at least its cheaper than the awful "roast"

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions