Red route fines?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 December 2006 11.48am
Dear All

I was driving up from the roundabout where Old Kent Road meets Tower Bridge Road on Saturday, and on my way up Tower Bridge Road (where all the shops are), i briefly pulled over to run in and deliver something into the hardware store on the left. As i went to jump back in my car one of the local traders yelled something about the fact that i would have got a ticket from the CCTV cameras that are there to prevent people from stopping on what i had omitted to realise at the time was a red route. Has anyone received a ticket in this area before for commiting the same offence?
Monday 18 December 2006 11.51am
i know someone who knows, i'll ask around.
Monday 18 December 2006 12.02pm
I don't think it is so much a red route issue, as a CCTV as an alternative to wardens one.

There are cameras which monitor parking next to the shops at the northern end of Kennington Road next to the IWM, and local traders have put warnings up so people don't get caught overstaying the single yellow restrictions.

Hope you got away with it - it does happen - I didn't get a Congestion Charge fine on the day my son was born, despite forgetting to pay (I had alot on my mind!!!!)

Regards,

Loafer
Monday 18 December 2006 1.07pm
i think as it was a Saturday you may get away with it.

You won't be fined Congestion charge, because it was Sat, however if you'd actually turned off TBR onto a side st (on a week day between 7am and 6.30pm), you would almost certainly get a CC fine.

not too sure on the parking restricions at other times, you'd have to see the individual sign posts relating to the section of road that you stopped on, as it varies considerable from place to place.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: