Parking Permits

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 13 June 2003 8.50pm
As the wonderful Southwark Parking Shop never answer their phones and as the ever so useful Southwark web site doesn't give any guidance would anyone be kind enough to tell me about obtaining visitor parking permits? What do I need to take to the Parking Shop, and do I have to provide registration plate details?

Thanks in advance.

Monday 16 June 2003 4.02pm
From Southwark Council's web team:

Hello Jonathan

Visitors' parking permits are available from The Parking Shop at 364 Old Kent Road, SE1. You will need to take one 'proof of residence' item with you. Vouchers are sold as books of 10 for 30. The first book issued to a customer in any year costs 12.

Visitors permits are not available for Zone D which is within the Borough High Street, New Kent Road, Tower Bridge Road and Long Lane boundaries.

On council estates, visitors' parking permits are obtainable by completing an application form from your Neighbourhood Housing Office (NHO). The cost is 30 for 50 visits (this is a book of 5 vouchers allowing 10 visits each). The link below will take you to our web page where you can find your local NHO if this is appropriate to you.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/living/housing/housing.htm
Tuesday 17 June 2003 8.33am
I'm sure I had to take proof that the car was mine on the first registration too...
Wednesday 18 June 2003 10.14am
"Visitors permits are not available for Zone D...."
Why oh Why? or is this for some bureaucratic reason that we mere mortals are not alowed to know?
jac
Wednesday 18 June 2003 2.52pm
I contacted Beverly direct asking why we were not allowed visitors. PLease to say I got a really quick reply. We can have visitors from August! when the old system changes.
Friday 20 June 2003 2.11pm
Thanks for the reply Beverly. Think if that info was up on the web site, it would be useful.

Friday 20 June 2003 2.30pm
"On council estates, visitors' parking permits are obtainable by completing an application form from your Neighbourhood Housing Office (NHO). The cost is 30 for 50 visits (this is a book of 5 vouchers allowing 10 visits each)."

I live in Devon Mansions - part council, part privately owned. Can I still get 50 visitors permits for the 30 too? If not, why the difference in cost - we currently pay 30 for 10 visitor passes!?
Monday 23 June 2003 11.12am
Good to hear Zone D residents will be able to get guest passes. Until then you have to buy a pass that lasts a whole month (and only three of those a year!). For my builders I just gave their van details and my proof of residency.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: