Pomegranate molasses

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jo green Wednesday 3 January 2007 8.53pm
anyone know where I can get pomegranate mollasses?

I have seen a lovely looking recipe for winter tabbouleh and want to make it on sunday.

Apparantly it is available in Lebanese or Iranian shops. I don`t want to go on a wild goose chase so I jut thought that some of you health conscious SE1'ers might know exactly where to go

many thanks

Jo.
Siduhe Wednesday 3 January 2007 9.45pm
Don't know anywhere local, but I've bought some from Hard to Find Foods before (although that would probably only work for next Sunday !):

http://www.hardtofindfoods.co.uk/
chuckalata Thursday 4 January 2007 9.55am
Is that recipe in one of the Moro cookbooks? I'm certain there's a similar one in one of them, and it tells you in the book where you can find Iranian and Lebanese shops. If you don't have the cookbook, I can have a look at home for you tonight.
dmlid Thursday 4 January 2007 10.31am
The Oli food centre on Walworth Road (between Iceland and Peacocks) has a couple of different brands. And there's a Turkish supermarket on OKR which looks to have similar stuff but I've never been in.
jo green Thursday 4 January 2007 11.31am
thanks guys

It is from the moro cookbook but I don`t have it, found it on the BBC food website. Maybe i'l try the walworth road tomorrow
mogoot Thursday 4 January 2007 10.59pm
I don't know if they do it, but it might be worth trying the Tas Ev shop on Isabella Street (020 7620 6191).
mickyBoy_se1 Friday 5 January 2007 10.33am
Hi Jo,

I know its not exactly local, but there are loads of Lebanese shops on the Edgware Road between Marble Arch and Paddington.

Might be worth a tube journey.
jo green Friday 5 January 2007 10.18pm
Thanks Guys for all the suggestions, the Walworth road shop had it and i'm looking forward to trying out the recipe.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions