Pomegranate molasses

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 January 2007 8.53pm
anyone know where I can get pomegranate mollasses?

I have seen a lovely looking recipe for winter tabbouleh and want to make it on sunday.

Apparantly it is available in Lebanese or Iranian shops. I don`t want to go on a wild goose chase so I jut thought that some of you health conscious SE1'ers might know exactly where to go

many thanks

Jo.
Wednesday 3 January 2007 9.45pm
Don't know anywhere local, but I've bought some from Hard to Find Foods before (although that would probably only work for next Sunday !):

http://www.hardtofindfoods.co.uk/
Thursday 4 January 2007 9.55am
Is that recipe in one of the Moro cookbooks? I'm certain there's a similar one in one of them, and it tells you in the book where you can find Iranian and Lebanese shops. If you don't have the cookbook, I can have a look at home for you tonight.
Thursday 4 January 2007 10.31am
The Oli food centre on Walworth Road (between Iceland and Peacocks) has a couple of different brands. And there's a Turkish supermarket on OKR which looks to have similar stuff but I've never been in.
Thursday 4 January 2007 11.31am
thanks guys

It is from the moro cookbook but I don`t have it, found it on the BBC food website. Maybe i'l try the walworth road tomorrow
Thursday 4 January 2007 10.59pm
I don't know if they do it, but it might be worth trying the Tas Ev shop on Isabella Street (020 7620 6191).
Friday 5 January 2007 10.33am
Hi Jo,

I know its not exactly local, but there are loads of Lebanese shops on the Edgware Road between Marble Arch and Paddington.

Might be worth a tube journey.
Friday 5 January 2007 10.18pm
Thanks Guys for all the suggestions, the Walworth road shop had it and i'm looking forward to trying out the recipe.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: