Poor TV reception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 6 January 2007 8.30pm
Hi I recently moved to this area i live on pocock street which is right off blackfriars road and my radio and tv reception is utterly horrible, does anyone else have this problem or know what i can do to fix it ....i constantly have to be fixing my tv and radio antenna it is madness!
Saturday 6 January 2007 10.34pm
i had the same problem.....went on to cable...new kent road near the flyover had terrible reception...dont bother spending money on aerial boosters...
Sunday 7 January 2007 8.53am
well then tell me wta do u suggest i do cus i cant keep watching tv like this! what did u do?
Jac
Sunday 7 January 2007 2.42pm
i have found a signal booster has helped not very expenisve about 15 from B&Q
KM
Monday 8 January 2007 9.36am
Sorry Banani, Jan is right, you'd waste your money on a booster!

I live on Webber St, one over from you, and the aerial guy I got in said the problem is all the tall buildings between us and Crystal Palace, the signal bounces around them and gets a bit scrambled. You either need to get a freeview box, which has worked for me but you need to confirm your current aerial's up to it, or subscribe to NTL, which is the cable service in the area but they turned out to be expensive and their aftercare pants - no broadband cabling etc. Good luck!
Monday 8 January 2007 9.59am
A bit more expensive, but how about Freesat?

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1

Regards,

Loafer
Monday 8 January 2007 10.37am
I get free phone and unlimited calls anytime for 14.00 month ( not mobiles or international obviously!)
calls for an hour, i just ring off and redial..my daughter pays for broadband..ntl...i have the minimum package...well worth it...
Jac
Monday 8 January 2007 10.45am
KM - I have a free view box but still had poor reception could fuzzy unwatchable picture without free view, no signal or very intermittant signal with freeview. So I purchased a signal booster and this DID solve the problem and I now have a prefect picture on freeview and a just about watchable to good picture without freeview dependiong on the chanel.

So to sum up I will not say a signal booster will help but it may help and is worth trying. Although it may be that you need to have digital as well.
Monday 8 January 2007 11.33am
banani wrote:
well then tell me wta do u suggest i do cus i cant keep watching tv like this! what did u do?

U cud mebbe tri reading a book?

NB: apologies for rib tickling, meant in genuine good humour and warmest new year welcomes .. :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
KM
Monday 8 January 2007 12.03pm
Jac you are, of course, quite right which is why I said Banani should get the ariel checked. Being so close, I supposed his/her solution would be same as mine but that turns out to be the reverse of yours. The aerial booster I bought made no difference at all but, luckily, Dixon's let me swap it against a freeview box which did the trick but I could be wrong! Never does to be dogmatic does it!

Happy New Year to all our readers.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: