Vietnamese food at The William

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 8 January 2007 2.00pm
Hi, has anyone tried the Vietnamese food at the William? Is it any good and worth going to?
Monday 8 January 2007 2.37pm
It's OK. We've had it a couple of times as a takeaway. Decent value and the Vietnamese food (they do all sorts of Asian food) was pretty good. I remember a fresh and spicy salad, but can't recall what else we had.

The pub itself is a bit run down, and seems to be shut at random on odd evenings, but I remember a friendly welcome from behind the bar the twice I've been there.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 5.50pm
We use the free delivery service and the food is always great. We always go for the Pho (noodle soup) with herbs for mains and fresh rolls with chilli & garlic sauce for starters. Being Vietnamese ourselves, i rate this place for food- although not the best settings- the food is well flavoured and ingredients are most often fresh.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 9.51am
I think Poppy Hana (SE16) delivery is fantastic. They have a minimum order of 20, but will deliver free within a 3 miles radius.

Thursday 15 February 2007 6.31pm
Where is The William please? And Poppy Hana?

Many thanks
Thursday 15 February 2007 6.35pm
- The William

- Poppy Hana

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 February 2007 6.35pm
Poppy Hana is a couple of doors down from Bermondsey Tube station on Jamaica Road. Not sure about the other place...
Friday 16 February 2007 5.26pm
The William is on Harper Road- as James' link...

It doesnt look great on the outside. Interior is not too bad. But their food is real & authentic (if you like Vietnamese food!)
Monday 26 February 2007 6.25pm
Hi, can you please let me know the telephone number to order takaways at The William. I have phoned the number listed on the SE1 website but the number rings but no one answers.
Many Thanks
Monday 26 February 2007 9.20pm
HI Hydrometer!

Their number is 0207 771 9536.

I think they're closed mornings & on Thursdays. If you try them again on the above number.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: